Learn more about the benefits of TASIU membership!
How to become a TASIU member:
Qualified law enforcement and fire personnel may join TASIU directly. See sections A and B under Associate membership for qualifications.
All other TASIU membership applicants must first be members of the International Association of Special Investigation Units (www.iasiu.org) and meet the following qualifications.
TASIU REGULAR MEMBERSHIP Join Now
Must be a member of the International Association of Special Investigation Units and employed as:
1. a full-time employee of an insurance company, whose primary responsibility is the investigation, investigative support, or supervision of investigation of insurance fraud, or
2. an employee of a self-insured corporation who is employed and assigned to a Special Investigation Unit and whose primary purpose is the full-time investigation and/or supervision of investigations of insurance fraud. The individual and organization must be engaged in anti-fraud activities and must be in conformance with the goals and objectives of the Association. Provided, however, any such individual whose professional activities or personal background are considered adverse to the objectives and interests of the Association shall not be deemed eligible for membership, or
3. a special agent or supervisory special agent of the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
TASIU ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP Join Now
Must be a member of the International Association of Special Investigation Units (law enforcement and fire personnel see exception below) and employed as:
A. Local, state, federal, provincial, or similar governmental entities’ law enforcement officer, or prosecutor who is involved in, or provides special expertise or services for the investigation and/or prosecution of insurance fraud crime (International membership is optional for sworn law enforcement and fire personnel), or
B. a full-time investigator or investigations supervisor of a state insurance fraud bureau, or
C. an employee of an insurance company or an employee of a governmental agency who is involved in, or provides special expertise or services for the investigation of insurance fraud, and who is endorsed in writing by a Regular member, or
D. an employee of a third party administrator or general agency who is involved in, or provides special expertise or services for the investigation of insurance fraud, who are endorsed in writing by a Regular member.
Retiree Associate: Regular and Associate members that retire and are not currently employed in the insurance industry or in a capacity ineligible for membership, are eligible to continue membership as an Associate member
Life Membership: Board nominated membership class to recognize outstanding contributions of regular and/or associate members.
TASIU LEGAL ADVOCATE MEMBERSHIP Join Now Legal Advocate Application
Must be a member of the International Association of Special Investigation Units and certify:
1. to be currently licensed and eligible to practice law in Texas,
2. to provide legal counsel and representation to insurers in defense of insurance claims as a majority of their practice,
3. not to be engaged in plaintiff advocacy against insurers except on behalf of other insurers in subrogation actions,
4. to immediately report to the TASIU Membership Committee any change in the above conditions and thereupon resign TASIU membership, and
5. to not utilize access to TASIU membership directories, email addresses, etc. solely for solicitation purposes.
No person, firm, corporation, or partnership shall be eligible for any class of membership if he/she is a member or associated with, or becomes associated with any corporation, firm, proprietorship, partnership, business, entity, or association whose objectives goals, and/or operations are inconsistent and/or adverse to the purpose, objectives, and interests of TASIU.
If circumstances develop, such that an existing member is no longer qualified to be a member, he or she shall have an extension of his or her eligibility for membership in order to provide an opportunity for him or her to re-qualify for membership. That extension of membership re-qualification opportunity will last for 180 days; provided that a member will not be entitled to this extension if he or she becomes ineligible due to the provisions of TASIU Bylaws.